I’m so excited to help to guide you through your essential oil experience! These are my top 2 oils to use daily to help support a healthy sleep cycle. You’ll want to enhance your experience by turning off any blue lights from electronics by 9pm and do a relaxing evening meditation before bed. (I love guided meditations on Insight Timer app)
Known as the “calming blend”, Serenity is a beautiful blend of lavender, marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla. This peaceful blend promotes tranquillity and relaxation – it’s my fave to diffuse before bed or in a night time epsom salt bath. The effects can be felt instantly, transporting you to a state of blissful repose, by lessening tension and calming the emotions.
Cedarwood’s rich, earthy aroma makes for an incredibly grounding oil, which is particularly helpful when you find yourself in your head. Grounding essential oils can help to settle the body and mind before bed by promoting calm feelings of security and balance.
• The key oil in Serenity + Melatonin levels: PubMed
• Cedarwood + serotonin: National Library of Medicine
• doTERRA Serenity Study: doTERRA Science
• Key Studies involved in developing Serenity: Studies
How to use your oil samples:
- Add 2 drops to a diffuser 30 min before bed – great in children’s rooms as well. If you don’t own a diffuser yet, simply add a drop to the inside of your pillowcase (bonus – it will help purify your pillow as well)
- Apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime to help unwind before going to sleep. Use in conjunction with doTERRA Serenity Restful Complex Softgels for an enhanced effect.
- Inhale directly from hands or diffuse throughout the day to help lesson tension.
- Add 2–3 drops into a warm bath with Epsom salts to create a relaxing, renewing experience.
- Apply 2–3 drops to the back of the neck or on the heart for feelings of calmness and peace.
- Add 1-2 drops to some lotion or carrier oil and massage into chest + feet before bed. It’s very relaxing and grounding to the nervous system
- If you have a diffuser – alternate 2-3 drops of Cedarwood with Serenity or Lavender each night to see which gives you a deeper sleep
- During your facial routine, add one to two drops of Cedarwood to your facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties.
- When a child wakes up scared, apply Cedarwood to the bottoms of the feet to return a peaceful feeling.
- Place a few drops of Cedarwood on cotton balls and leave them in closets, storage boxes, or other areas to keep moths at bay.
- Add it to mulch or topsoil to naturally repel insects.
- Combine Cedarwood with water in a spray bottle and use to clean surfaces – especially wood.
This is just the tip of the iceberg! You can use these oils in every part of your life to elevate your health naturally and find simple and safe solutions in plant medicine.